Friday, November 5, 2010

Training for a 5K through C25K program; Weight Training NROLFW

So, I decided to give another go at the Couch 2 5K program, after meeting with some nappturals a few weeks ago. I've started this program twice. This is the third try. Today will be Week 2 Day 2 for me. So far so good. The difference between this time and my past attempts, is that I actually signed up for a 5K!!! So I mean business!

My 5K race is on December 12, 2010. That doesn't give me enough time to complete the program, but I figured by that time I should be able to hold my own in a 5K race. I'll sign up for another one after I complete the program to improve my time. My goal for this race is to finish in under 45min. I think its doable since my last run (Week 2 Day 1) I did 2.33 miles in 30min. That's only week 2!

My goal is to workout 5 days a week. Three of those days are dedicated to training for the 5K and the other two days are for weight training. I'm following a program in a book called New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a great book! The workouts are quick and effective. Unfortunately, I haven't been good about keeping up with them. But that changes now.

My diet, well, it could be MUCH better. I need to start drinking shakes! Those are quick, easy, and nutritional. Also being a pescetarian, makes things quite interesting when trying to keep things interesting (and healthy) in the kitchen. All in all, I see it as a great challenge!

No comments: