Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I choose me...

My ex wants to be my friend. I don't want him in my life. At first, I thought it was b/c I was still heart broken. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was b/c the cost of having him in my life was too great. In exchange of having him as my friend, I will be losing me. I feel that way b/c I know, in my heart, that our friendship will be a parisitic relationship. I have proven time and time again that I can be a loyal girlfriend and friend, and he has taken advantage of it. I can't risk it anymore. I won't allow it. Parasite's feed off of their host until the host dies. I don't think a friendship should come down to losing your life b/c you care about someone. I do still care and love him. But my love for him won't make him love himself, and my love for him doesn't outweigh the love I have for me. I changed my myspace headline to, "Some ppl don't realize that they are in a box until they step outside of it...." This is the realization I've had with my life. For a person that claims to have love of self, I was making decisions to harm myself. I stayed with this person knowing that he was causing me spiritual harm, and I gave him the power to do so. Now I realize that I need to take control of me and practice true self love. That means taking that power that belongs to me, and saying goodbye that which causes me harm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my parasite father sucked the soul out of my mother.what.ever.

Reflection said...

Way to recognize that he was a parasite that was sucking the life out of you. Congrats on reclaiming your life.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, sis. I've come out of a similar situation and that distance is doing so much good for my heart. Here's to choosing ourselves and other great choices in the future.

sweetnes from NP.com

missharvin said...

Thanks for you input! I really appreciate it! Hey Sweetness :)!